Cape Shield® technology has the following features:
– Latest technology – For outdoor metal products
– Exclusive – Only available on hammock stands, swing stands, and stand accessories from Hatteras Hammocks.
– Advanced process – Metal is cleaned and dried using complex chemical solutions.
– Cape Shield is an electrostatically applied protective powder coat finish especially designed to lengthen the life of metal surfaces exposed to harsh weather conditions.
– It provides superior color and gloss retention, uniform distribution of coating, scratch and corrosion resistance, while remaining environmentally friendly.
– Cape Shield’s durable, lasting finish is guaranteed to provide many years of enjoyment.
– 600 lb. capacity
- 12 Gauge Steel Piping: Provides an industry leading 600 lbs. weight capacity
- Right Connection: For our hammock stands, we attach foot poles to base poles using our patented 360-degree Right Connection weld. This weld provides extra strength making our Tri-beam stand the safest and most secure on the market.
- Spring Pin Assembly: We use steel spring pins in all of our attachable metal-stand pieces. The spring pins allow for easy no-tools-required assembly and disassembly.
- Cape Shield Powder Coating: Superior metal finish and extreme weather protection. Applied through an electrostatic process to ensure complete bonding and heightened rust protection.
- ECO-Friendly: Our Powder Coating application ensures that no chemicals escape into the atmosphere during the production and coating of our stands
- Angled Offset Hooks: Unlike the industry’s typical S or Z hanging hooks, our offset hooks are specifically designed to prevent rubbing against our hammock stands and wearing away the stands’ protective Cape Shield Powder Coat.
- Handcrafted in the Carolinas: Manufactured and assembled using the finest parts and industry leading techniques.
*Hammocks sold separately